Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Describes the location of objects - Basic Korean Language 1


여러분은 안녕하세요. 오랜만이에요. (=^ㅇ^=)
It's already passed 3 months since my last entry. ㅠ_ㅠ. I'm busy struggling with my beloved  "annual reports" and finally it's done. We break up last month. Welcome my freedom. ㅋㅋ (kekeke)

Before we start the new lesson, I just want to share a happy news that I passed Basic Korean Language 1 on last December and 6th week passed since I'm starting Basic Korean Language 2. Yeayy....
Continuing my last entry How do you ask someone what they're doing , today I will share lesson about " Describes the location of objects"

Let's start the lesson okay.....

If we want to ask/ answer someone about the existence of an objects we use "~ 에 있어요 / ~ 에 없어요", Pronounce : ~ e iss o yo / ~ e obs o yo which means ~ object A exist / ~ object A doesn't exist.

 For more details let's see example below :
1. 나 : 어디에 있어요?   Pronounce : Na : Chaeg i o di e iss o yo ? 
    Me : Where is the book ?
    승리 : 교실에 있어요. Pronounce : Seung Ri  : Chaeg i gyo sil e iss o yo.
    Seung Ri : The book is in the classroom.

2. 나 : 운동화 어디 있어요?   Pronounce : Na : Un dong hwa ga o di e iss o yo ? 
    Me : Where is the sneakers ?
    승리 : 운동화 의자 에 있어요. Pronounce : Seung Ri : Un dong hwa ga ei ja yop e iss o yo.
    Seung Ri : Sneakers is next to the chair.

3. 승리 : 지용 씨 에 있어요? Pronounce : Seung Ri :Ji Yong-ssi ga jib e iss o yo?
    Seung Ri : Mr. Jiyong is in the house ?
    나 : 아니요, 에 없어요. 공원에 가요. Pronounce : Na : A ni yo, jib e obs o yo.
    Gong won e ka yo.
    Me : No, not at home. Go to the park.

Notes :
* "어디" Pronounce : "O di", means : where
* You can use "~ 에 있어요 / ~ 에 없어요" for inanimate objects and living things.
* You must use "이 / 가" , Pronounce : "i"/ "ga" behind the objects name. 
   As you can see the bold words above on example no. 1 using "이" because bachim exist, the last word  "ㄱ"  (click for information about bachim)
   And we will  use "가" on example no. 2 because bachim doesn't exist, the last word  "ㅏ"
* You must use "에"  Pronounce : "e" , means go to / at/ in/ on behind the location / place name.

With this lesson there's three vocabulary that you can learn about : an object name, a location and a place name. (For a place name you can read at my previous entry here)
Now you can try to fill the underline words with your own word. Here's some vocabulary you can use :
Object Name :
책상 = Desk  Pronounce : chaeg sang
의자 = Chair  Pronounce : ei ja
펜 = Pen  Pronounce : pen
가방 = Bag  Pronounce : ga bang
연필= Pencil  Pronounce : yon pil
칠판 = Blackboard  Pronounce : chil pan
지우개 = Eraser  Pronounce : ji u gae
물병 = Water Bottle  Pronounce : mul byong
신발 = Shoes  Pronounce : sin bal
운동화 = Sneakers  Pronounce : un dong hwa
반바지 = Shorts  Pronounce : ban ba ji
양말= Socks  Pronounce : yang mal
드레스 = Dress  Pronounce : de re se
치마 = Skirt  Pronounce : chi ma
일기장 = Diary  Pronounce : il gi jang
책 = Book   Pronounce : chaeg
꽃 = Flower  Pronounce : kkeot
시계 = Clock  Pronounce : si gye
침대 = Bed  Pronounce : chim dae
컴퓨터 = Computer  Pronounce : kom pyu to
인형 = Doll  Pronounce : in hyeong
사진 = Photo  Pronounce : sa jin
이불 = Blanket  Pronounce : i bul
전등 = Lamp  Pronounce : jon deng
베개 = Pillow  Pronounce : be gae

Location :
앞 = Front  Pronounce : ap
뒤 = Back  Pronounce :  dwi
위 = Above  Pronounce :wi
아래/ 밑 = Below/ Bottom/ Down  Pronounce : a rae / mit
옆 = Side / Next to  Pronounce : yop
왼쪽 = Left Side  Pronounce : wen jjog
오른쪽 = Right Side  Pronounce : o ren jjog
안 = Inside  Pronounce : an
밖 = Outside  Pronounce : bakk

Now can you describe some objects and the location inside your room ? You can email your answer to my email below and I will gladly check them for you.

Once again, I'm not a native Korean speaker so please correct me if there's misleading information in my post & hope my post useful.
Don't hesitate to contact me on Facebook, Twitter or my email pipi_2711@yahoo.co.id if you need more information about my post. Follow my instagram too pipi_tokki .

Please make sure to visit Korea Tourism Organization Official Website & Buzz Korea  to learn more about daily conversation, more interesting fact of hangeul and more information about Korean Culture & Tourism. 감사합니다.....

PS: I use my avatar on 'Line Play' games for illustration picture. It's super fun, I want to write post about this game too.^o^ Do you play Line Play??  please add me as a friend, my name pipi_tokki.
Wait my next post, I'm planning to write  'Conversation when you buying something'. It will be useful to help you buying souvenirs/ goods when you travel to Korea.
안녕
My source for this post & picture is : 세종한국어 1 (Korean Cultural Center Indonesia), Korea Tourism Organization Website, Buzz Korea Website, Wikipedia & Google.  
Many thanks to VIP who draw chibi BigBang picture, I'm sorry using the picture without your permission because I didn't knew who you are.


3 comments:

  1. That's a game? Seungri is so cute as a cartoon omg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, recently i play "line play" it's a game about playing house. It's a cute game. As for seungri i photoshop so he appears at my house. Kekeke

      Delete
  2. hi can i send to you my korean essay for you to check?

    ReplyDelete