Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SINGAPORE - LION CITY (PART 1)

SINGAPORE, one of the countries in my wish list to be visited before I'm getting old. Actually I'm planning to visited this country for the first time on January next year, but suddenly my friends ask me to go with them before Idul Fitri Holiday. 
So we start prepared our journey within 3 weeks, we searched for cheap airlines ticket, choosing apartment for rent & also browsing best spot for hang out and enjoy our time in there. 
We choose apartment because it's more cheaper than a hotel, especially because we choose to stay at Orchard Road. The range price for apartment in this area is SGD 130 - SGD 140/ night (room for 4 people) and SGD 80 - SGD 100/ night (room for 2 people). 

Here's my itinerary for 6 days 5 night :


- First Day, August 09, 2012 
We choose to use MRT for our transportation this time, you can buy Singapore Tourist Pass at MRT Station with SGD 30 for 3 days usage (include deposit SGD 10 that will refunded when you returns the card in the end of usage date), We can use this card for MRT, Bus & LRT, MRT line in Singapore is very simple, MRT map/ Singapore map/ Shopping Brochure provided at Changi Airport. 
For first destination we decided to go to Little India to grab a lunch and see Mustafa Centre 24 hours department store in Singapore. Since today is Singapore independence day, there's so many people outside and also interesting event that took my interest. All Gold Store in Little India is on sale up to 50%, many people crowd the store and queue to take money from ATM.
The items sold at Mustafa Centre is very complete from branded watches, clothes, foods, toiletries and Singapore typical souvenir. My friend bought so many ointment oil/balm for her, she said it's very cheap in here than other place. 

In the afternoon we decided to go to China Town, it's only 3 stations away from Little India. In here you can buy souvenirs from keychain, t-shirt, mirror, bags, accesories etc with affordable prices. You can find Tintin Shop in here, there's so many cute items in here but unfortunately expensive. And if you a Budhist you can also take a visit to the temple.
We go back to apartment at night and dinner at Asia Foodhall at Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road. I ate delicious Ramen for dinner. 


                                          

 - Second Day, August 10, 2012
We go to Sentosa Island today, yeay... and Universal Studio... Arrived at Vivo City, I'm buying ticket for monorail SGD 3.5, for the attractions we must bought it separately (you can choose what attractions you want to watch and then pay it). There's Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom, Tiger Sky Tower, Song of the Sea etc. I'm only choose Song of the Sea because I have limited budget, the show time on 7 pm, so I have plenty time to enjoy at Universal Studio. The ticket approximately SGD 60, and it can be more cheaper sometimes if you buy from a hotel/motel that you stayed. I'm actually a person that prefer a show instead of  a game that rise the adrenaline. I recomend Special Effect by Steven Spielberg & 4 D Shrek show. We spend our time until night and watch Song of the Sea, the show is amazing but a little blurry when the water show because there's windy at that time. For dinner I've choose Food Republic, it's like a big food court. The dessert today is Singapore version of Putu Cake "Kueh Tutu" , a rice cake filled with sweet peanuts or coconut. I like the peanuts one.. >_<
                                                                                                                                                                 
 - Third Day - Shoppink Time. ^^ August 11,2012
We choose Bugis Street for our shopping destination,but before that we stop by at front of Science Centre to enjoy a boat ride to Merlion Statue. The boat cost for one trip is SGD 4, the trip isn't long only for 10 minutes then we arrived. This is the best place to take a picture with Merlion, Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Science Centre & Esplanade Building views. Unfortunately for the Merlion, it was under renovation. They said Merlion is on Holiday.. T_T 



Then we arrived at Bugis, and grab lunch. I had Laksa for lunch, it's very delicious . But I also had a funny moment when I eat it, I can't eat with my friend because there's a pork in it meanwhile they eat chicken.  So I ate alone in the corner but it's worth it,ha..ha.ha...
The taste of  Laksa in Singapore is very different with Indonesia and they use slim long noodle like spaghetti, blood clams & pork skin. (my mouth drooling when I'm writing this)




With a full stomach, we ready to hunting a cool stuff with cheap price. You can find almost all new fashion items in here and also unique snack to recharge your energy after shopping. I can't stand to buy watch, it's only SGD 5 each, but later I found a store in Orchard Road that sell SGD 10 for 3 pcs. *o*You can also find a love lock wall in here and in the same floor there is a K-POP corner (it's sell a fashion items from Korea and of course CD/poster of K-POP idol), just follow the red arrow on the floor to find it.


We spend our time until night and of course money most of it in Bugis. Today is my friend last day in Singapore, they going back to Jakarta and I'm staying for three more days. 
Wait for my next blog about my journey to Marina Bay Sands, Garden By The Bay & Clarke Quay..
 (Singapore - Lion City Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment